Dimitar Angelov (Plovdiv GuitArt Festival)
Dimitar Angelov was born on 29.09.1997 in Kocani, Republic of Macedonia. He has been playing classical guitar for 12 years. Dimitar finished music school at DMUC “Sergej Mihajlov” in Stip (Republic of Macedonia) in the class of Prof. MA Dejan Lazarevski. Furthermore, he graduated classical guitar at The Academy of Music, Dance and Fine Arts in Plovdiv (Republic of Bulgaria) in the class of Prof. PhD Stela Miteva-Dinkova. Until now, Dimitar has been a part of many festivals and competitions and has started his solo recitals in 2015. Some of his achievements include:
- Second place at a national competition in Macedonia in 2010.
- First place at a national competition in Macedonia in 2013.
- First place at a national competition in Macedonia in 2014.
- First place at a national competition in Macedonia in 2015.
- Third place at an international competition “Jovan Jovicic” in Novi Sad, Serbia in 2015.
- First place at a national competition in Macedonia in 2016.
- Second place at an international competition “Thrace Guitar Festival” in Komotini, Greece in 2018. (First place was not awarded)
- Second place at an international competition “Thrace Guitar Festival” in Komotini, Greece in 2019.
Moreover, Dimitar participated in many festivals both as a solo artist and as a member of guitar orchestras or chamber groups. As a solo artist, he has participated at “Skopje Guitar Festival” in Skopje, “30 days of classical guitar” in Varna, “Crossroad” in Plovdiv, etc. As a member of various guitar ensembles, Dimitar played in Macedonia, Bulgaria, Greece, Poland and others, for which he has received many awards and gratitude certificate. Also, he attended many masterclasses and summer academies of renowned guitarists such as: Sanel Redzic, Marco Tamayo, Gabriel Bianko, Petrit Ceku, Nicolla Montella, George Vassilev, Jorgos Panetsos, Goran Krivokapic and others.