EuroStrings has developed a scholarship programme for young guitar students to enable them participation in international guitar competitions and masterclasses that mostly require a payment fee. EuroStrings is acknowledging financial situation of many young guitar players and with this programme supporting them in their further international education.
Open Call for EuroStrings Scholarships
EuroStrings provides international opportunities for young classical guitar players and contributes to their professional development through various educational and training programs.
To acknowledge the financial situation of many young guitar players and to support their international education, EuroStrings has developed a scholarship programme for students from lower income backgrounds. This scholarship will enable young guitarists to participate in international guitar competitions and masterclasses of EuroStrings Festivals.
Who can apply?
Young guitarists, aged between 18 and 25, with lower financial capability. They need to be students at a music school and have undergone professional education for at least 2 years.
Applicants interested to attend any of the following festivals, may submit the necessary documents to be considered for a full coverage of travel, accommodation, participation costs and per diem for one candidate per each festival.
Interested applicants should submit the following materials for review:
- a private or unlisted YouTube video containing free choice of repertoire at about 10 min duration
- a tax return - English translation required (personal and/or parent's)
- a short description of household status (number of people in household etc)
- 1 A4 written out formal request for applicant's financial assistance concerning travel, accommodation, festival costs and per diems, specifying the festival of interest. This request should contain candidate's contact info - name, last name, address, email address, phone number - and personal thoughts as to why he or she is in need of the EuroStrings scholarship
- letter of recommendation from a professional in the field (teacher, music producer, musical collaborator et al.)
All documentation needs to be submitted in English, only the submissions in English will be considered for the selection process.
To apply please fill in the APPLICATION FORM.
Tampere Guitar Festival
Deadline: April 15, 2019
International Guitar Festival Mottola
Deadline: May 2, 2019
Montenegro International Guitar Competition
Deadline: May 1, 2019
International Guitar Festival Jose Tomas Villa de Petrer
Deadline: May 6, 2019
Twents Gitaar Festival
Deadline: May 16, 2019
Harmonia Cordis International Guitar Festival
Deadline: May 30, 2019
London Guitar Festival
Deadline: August 1, 2019
GuitArt Festival Plovdiv
Deadline: September 30, 2019